As 2013 comes to an end its time to think about fresh, new trends that are up and coming in 2014. Home remodeling is forever advancing and changing and here are 5 trends to watch for in your future kitchen and bath remodels.
- The Air Switch: This is a nice alternative to the wall mounted electrical switch for a garbage disposal in a kitchen. This air switch is an easily installed air actuated on/off control for the waste disposal and can be placed in the countertop next to the sink or in an existing hole on the sink ledge.
- Under Cabinet lighting: Whether you are remodeling a kitchen or a bathroom, you can’t go wrong installing under cabinet lighting with a dimmer switch. Placing a light strip under the vanity in any bathroom creates a perfect nightlight or sets a peaceful ambiance for a warm bath. Under cabinet lighting adds a warm glow to any kitchen or bathroom.
- Statement Countertop: As the classic Uba Tuba and Venetian Gold granite are fading, more and more people are opting for bold granite/stone countertops that make a statement as soon as someone walks into the room. A unique countertop can make you feel as though you are dining on a piece of art.
- Custom Tile: When remodeling, typically homeowners want their space to stand out and be different from any others. Creating a custom tile design will set apart your kitchen or bath making it truly a one-of-a-kind space that you will enjoy for years to come.
- Handheld Shower: Using handhelds in your shower and/or standalone tub bring luxury and practicality all at once. A handheld shower is great for bathing needs as well as cleaning, bringing ease in cleaning those tough to reach places in a shower.