Remodeling Trends to Watch for in 2014Posted on
As 2013 comes to an end its time to think about fresh, new trends that are up and coming in 2014. Home remodeling is forever advancing and changing and here are 5 trends to watch for in your future kitchen and bath remodels.
- The Air Switch: This is a nice alternative to the wall mounted electrical switch for a garbage disposal in a kitchen. This air switch is an easily installed air actuated on/off control for the waste disposal and can be placed in the countertop next to the sink or in an existing hole on the sink ledge.
- Under Cabinet lighting: Whether you are remodeling a kitchen or a bathroom, you can’t go wrong installing under cabinet lighting with a dimmer switch. Placing a light strip under the vanity in any bathroom creates a perfect nightlight or sets a peaceful ambiance for a warm bath. Under cabinet lighting adds a warm glow to any kitchen or bathroom.
- Statement Countertop: As the classic Uba Tuba and Venetian Gold granite are fading, more and more people are opting for bold granite/stone countertops that make a statement as soon as someone walks into the room. A unique countertop can make you feel as though you are dining on a piece of art.
- Custom Tile: When remodeling, typically homeowners want their space to stand out and be different from any others. Creating a custom tile design will set apart your kitchen or bath making it truly a one-of-a-kind space that you will enjoy for years to come.
- Handheld Shower: Using handhelds in your shower and/or standalone tub bring luxury and practicality all at once. A handheld shower is great for bathing needs as well as cleaning, bringing ease in cleaning those tough to reach places in a shower.